VALUE CHAIN DISTRIBUTION
Thomas, Large & Singer — Your Link to The Value Chain Model Across North America
The Value Chain Model
Logistics and Supply Chain Management in Canada & the U.S.
Ensuring effective value chain distribution means setting up your financial and logistics processes in a way that works best for your business and offers an efficient order-to-cash cycle. While this can be done in-house, your ability to manage logistics in your distribution chain costs resources and money and requires extensive experience in setting up an established and reliable network.
As a North American leader in providing innovative logistics solutions in Canada and the U.S., Thomas, Large & Singer offers services geared to manufacturers, brand owners, and food processors looking for effective logistics and supply chain management north of the U.S.A. and south of the Canadian border.
Our Value Management services include:
Thomas, Large & Singer’s growth from being the best shipping solution in Canada to a full-service CPG logistics company dealing with international shipping logistics allows us to provide innovative supply chain solutions for those who want to deliver products in Canada and the U.S. We do this, in part, by offering our partners full sales, inventory and promotional fund visibility.
Our solutions free up your resources so you can focus on building your brand!
Not only do you enjoy the benefits of our bargaining power and shipment consolidation, saving costs across services, but working with Thomas, Large & Singer also means partnering with a team that understands the uniqueness of every product and the special challenges and requirements that comes with it. It is for this reason that we at Thomas, Large & Singer tailor our solutions to the needs of each brand and their product.
As one of the top international shipping logistics companies with experience in food transport, Thomas, Large & Singer has the expertise and resources to provide consistent, on-time delivery across Canada and the United States. Whether it’s logistics by road, rail, air or ocean, our innovative supply chain solutions and long-standing relationships with our carriers, along with the ability to consolidate outbound shipments, keep transportation costs low and allow us to efficiently deliver products in both Canada and the U.S.
Our Logistics Management Services include:
- Inventory management against forecasted sales
- Status reports for product and replenishment needs
- Forecast and replenishment to coordinate with production planning at your plant
- Service level reporting
Worldwide Procurement & Transportation
- Freight-in arrangement in full containers or truckloads translates to reduced shipping time and costs
- Movement of product from plant to warehouse to the customer
- Cross-border shipment: custom clearance, duties and documentation compliance
- Optimal freight and reduced tariffs through consolidation
- Freight bill adjudication and payment.
At Thomas, Large & Singer, we take pride in being a full-service CPG logistics partner, which includes our role as a leading warehousing company, that’s why we are 100% committed to providing customized warehousing and distribution solutions based on our client’s unique needs.
Our wholly-owned subsidiary, Emblem Logistics, adds value to the warehousing and distribution part of the supply chain management processs, offering features such as:
- A 587,000 square foot, 36-foot-high warehouse
- Dry storage: 46,000 Racked pallet positions in dry, ambient storage
- Frozen and refrigerated warehousing capabilities available
- Over 250,000 sq ft of bulk storage.
- Maximized logistical benefits — Advanced Ship Notice (ASN)
- Seventy-five hydraulic docks and two drive-in doors for efficient and fast service.
- Electric forklifts and reach trucks with fast charge technology
- Pallet management
- Single and double deep bins available
- Full bin and lot controlled systems
- Pick & Pack
- 24-hour emergency service
- Advanced monitored security
- Pest control management
- Full co-packing department and equipment on site
- D2C fulfillment
Providing innovative supply chain solutions requires utilization of the latest in tech, and at Thomas, Large & Singer, ongoing investment in technology and information systems is a core facet of our value chain distribution strategy. Our experienced IT and business managers work closely with you to develop solutions to satisfy your information requirements so we can provide the data you need when you need it.
Our advanced hardware infrastructure, along with our software systems, provides the best-in-class solution. We offer our clients secure online access to their sales, promo management, as well as our business intelligence system 24 hours a day. To guarantee compliance and the utmost security, Thomas, Large & Singer continually invests in keeping pace with all Canadian IT requirements, saving our clients the investment costs.
When it comes to our ability to manage logistics effectively, nothing is overlooked. Utilizing our expert team and systems, Thomas, Large & Singer is able to process all back-end administrative work for our clients. This includes the financial management function, ensuring the order-to-cash process is executed efficiently.
Our Financial Management Services include:
- Custom Spending Reports
- Post-Promotion Analysis
- Price, Promotion & Policy Compliance
- Validation, Processing & Payable Tracking
- Cash & Foreign Exchange Management
- Tax Registration & Reporting
- Database Management
- Funds Tracking
- Invoicing & Collections
- Deduction Management
- GS1 Product Catalogue & Recycling Programs